An administrator is the backbone of a successful business. Those into administrative jobs need to keep an eye on performance management. With varied job profiles, here you will get diverse opportunities ranging from answering phone calls, scheduling appointments to creating financial analysis, arranging for client presentation and delivering their final say on important business decisions. Your success in the administrative sector largely depends on your organizational and communication skills teamed up with how efficient you are in multitasking and how well you pay attention to even the minutest details.
- For applying to administrative job positions, you need to have a bachelorís degree (any discipline) from a recognized university or college.
- You need to be well versed with reasoning ability and numerical ability.
- Those with proficiency in English and a sound knowledge about current affairs will be given preference.
- Recruitment for administrative jobs is through two tier entrance examination comprising a personality test and written test.
- Last but not the least, the eligibility criteria also differ as per your job designation.
- For instance, those applying for the position of an administrative assistant must have some knowledge of word-processing skills, sound knowledge Internet, as well as the steps to change and convert files irrespective of format.
Office administration course is a relevant course structure for those interested in a career in the administrative sector. On successful completion of the course you as an employee can help enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of your business/company. The best part about this training is that you can learn the course as per choice. To be more specific, you can either choose the night class option and get yourself enrolled at any relevant institution or opt for the online way so as to get your desired degree. Completing such courses will help you get acquainted with the job function and execute the assigned roles and responsibilities efficiently. Additionally, you can also take up basic computer courses where in you will get introduced to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, HTML coding, Acrobat, Photoshop etc.
With an approximate 8% of growth in the administrative sector, it can be suggested that the prospects for the same are average in India. Administrators usually take up job responsibilities in various domains including data management, finance, quality assurance, human resources, and education. Some of the job designations you can apply to are as follows:
- Executive Assistant
- Senior Executive Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Entry Level Administrative Assistant
Current Job Market in the Domestic and Global Front
The US job market has experienced a surge in the administrative sector. What seems most surprising is that the percentage of growth in the administrative domain has been huge within a short interval of only one month. UK too offers a prosperous job market with an average salary of an administrator ranging somewhere around £30,000 plus benefits. In India, the current job market has experienced an average growth with a considerable amount of recruitment taking place in the administrative sector.
Jobs by Category