Importance of a Covering Letter
There are several employers who are very much impressed by a concise covering letter instead of a long and detailed resume. A good cover letter is a platform for describing what you are and helps in grabbing the attention of your prospective employer. It also helps the prospective employers to understand you better. A good cover letter displays your ability to communicate with people. You should be ale to explain well what you are in an elegant manner in plain and simple language. Your covering letter should be an interesting one to read and it should exhibit your energy level, personality and style.
Tips on Writing a Good Covering Letter
Whether you are a fresher or an experienced job seeker, have a look at a few tips on writing a good covering letter. It may help you a lot in landing up with a good job.
- The language of the covering letter should be plain and simple;
- Appropriate paragraphs should be there;
- Be careful when writing the job title;
- Make use of the correct salutation;
- Make the letter more interesting and fascinating for the readers;
- Your covering letter should reflect your personality;
- The covering letter should be relevant and brief;
- Highlight your key skills that are relevant to the job you are applying for;
- Be very careful with spelling, grammar and punctuation marks as these are some of the common mistakes that occur;
- In a few words, try to mention why you are applying for this job and what factors attract you to the company you are applying for;
- Address the letter to the particular person or department as stated on the advertisement;
- After you complete writing you letter, go through it thoroughly to avoid any mistakes;
- If you are sending your resume by post, then the quality of paper used for writing the covering letter should be extremely good as it helps in creating a positive image of yourself.