Whether you are sending your resume via email or by post, a clear and informative resume can be the stepping stone for getting your dream job. Check out the resume samples and these will definitely help you to grab your dream job. But before looking at the resume samples, quickly glance through some of the useful resume writing tips.
Tips For Preparing an Effective Resume
Here are a few tips for writing an effective resume. So just have a look!
- Be very sure about the purpose of your resume before you start preparing it.
- Write your resume in a format that will grab the attention of the prospective employers the moment they glance through it; Remember that first impression is the last impression.
- Place the most important information right in the beginning.
- Highlight your strengths and capabilities.
- You can make use of Power Words or verbs that match the position that you are looking for in that organization.
- Try to analyze the job description and the advertisement posted so that you can make use of the right keywords.
- Use bullet points and short sentences instead of long paragraphs to explain your academic qualification, work experience (if any), professional objectives, personal details, etc.
- Try to explain and highlight the benefits of your existing skill set.
- While writing your resume, do remember the type of job and the salary you would look for. Create an image of yourself that will perfectly match the amount of salary you are asking for.
- Try not to paste your photograph except where the employer/s have asked for or for those jobs like acting, modeling, to name a few, where your appearance and physical traits do matter a lot.
- Most of us have a standard resume which we send for all types of job openings. Though it will help in saving a considerable amount of time, it may limit your chances of landing up with your dream job. So try to adapt your resume separately for each prospective employer.
- Do not disclose your job experiences which you do not want to reveal to others or which does not have any relevance with the current job opening.
- Do not try to include wrong information in your resume as most organizations nowadays conduct background checks.
- Do not make use of jargons or slang.
- After you have completed writing your resume, take a second and third opinion about it so as to assess and improve the overall quality of your resume. Update your resume at regular intervals.
- Finally, you can also take the help of resume writing experts.
- For your convenience, we are providing you with two resume samples, one experienced, and the other, fresher. Just have a look and try to prepare your
- own resume in similar manner to grab the readers’ attention right from the beginning.
|Resume Sample – Experienced|
|Resume Sample - Fresher|